Monday 30 November 2015

The Wiggles Big Show! plus CinderEmma



SPOILER ALERT - the last part of this blog post does tell you what happens in the show so if you're about to see it, don't read any further than the marked section! :D

We're very fortunate as a friend has occasional access to a corporate box at the Entertainment Centre and every now and then we get to join in the fun.

My personal woo-hoo when it comes to the box is not the seats, the food or the drinks (all of which, in case you didn't know, are paid for separately from the corporate box fee so these jollies are not entirely free for the host). It is the combination of corporate box parking AND the corporate box entrance.

Why is that such a boon? Not only do you not have to turn up an hour or so early BUT you also completely bypass the merchandising. I'm the original tight-fisted parent and even Master 4-almost-5 realises that I'm not going to be parted from my hard-earned. Not having to see it at all makes me really happy!

Although we're veterans of a few Wiggles concerts we've never seen them at the EnterCentre so the big arena experience was a new one for us.

These guys are consummate professionals and in the big arena the production is much more slick than the smaller shows we've seen. There is still a ton of audience interaction - with space at the front of the seating for children to dance, and Captain Feathersword, Lachie and Emma all got out in the crowd.

As we now watch more ABC3 than ABC4Kids I wasn't across some of the newer songs (makes me think of the Regurgitator song "I like your old stuff better than your new stuff" ...) but the old standards (if you will) were all there.

<SPOILER>

The first half was the Wiggles doing all their songs and after interval they returned to perform CinderEmma. Last time we saw the Wiggles (at the Marion Cultural Centre - an excellent, intimate venue) they performed a version of Sleeping Beauty. This time, the beautiful CinderEmma worked hard while her wicked sisters, Celine and  Dion (Captian Feathersword and Simon) went to the ball. The fairy godfather (Anthony as Elvis) magics CinderEmma a ball dress and off she goes to capture the Prince's heart.

</SPOILER>

As always, the team put plenty of humour into the production so adults are well entertained.

I'm a big fan of the Wiggles and while, when we left, Master-almost-five was pestering me about seeing them again, I won't be surprised if this ends up being our last Wiggles concert and that's just a little bit sad.

Huge thanks to my friend for her generous hospitality too!

PS I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to post/share my video of the end of the concert - I'll take it down if I'm told to!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home