Sunday 6 March 2016

Innoxa Organic Gentle Cleansing Gel

20160225_075257 

I may have mentioned before that I can sometimes struggle with cheaper face washes. I find that they can dry out my skin horribly - especially those that are also exfoliators. I'll never the forget the time Andy and I went away for a couple of days and I either forgot my face wash or thought I'd use his. BIG MISTAKE. Whatever cheap product works for your significant other may not work for you. My skin dried out after using it for just two days.

For a while I spent the money on high end face washes. But these days I'm always on the lookout for something cheap and skin friendly to use in between the samples of fancy face wash I get from my mum!

I actually won this Innoxa Organic Gentle Cleansing Gel from Innoxa (thanks!) but it retails for $15 and you can grab it at Priceline.

As it's a gel, it's clear. It has a pale greenish tinge to it and it's neutrally scented (note - neutral does NOT mean it smells disgusting!). You only need to use a tiny amount - pea sized or less even so this makes it great value for money. It doesn't foam up a lot but it certainly does a good job of cleansing without drying out your skin. My skin felt clean after using it but not that horrible, drying 'squeaky clean' feel.

I used the whole lot without my skin drying out, so it definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

In terms of ingredients, it's an interesting read. The main ingredient is organic aloe juice followed by glycerin - so that's why it doesn't foam up at a great rate of knots (seriously, I have seen cleansers where sodium laureth sulphate - SLS - is the FIRST ingredient). It's not until ingredient three that we see decyl glucoside listed. This is the surfactant (the ingredient that does the foaming) - and it's a completely different beast to SLS. Not only is its manufacture renewable and plant based, a big feature is that it doesn't cause dryness. So, if like me, you find cleansers can dry out your skin, keep an eye out for it in the ingredients list!

After these three, there are lots of plant derived ingredients. The free-from list is almost as lengthy - for example, it's free from parabens, mineral oils, silicones, petrochemicals and sulphates.

This cleansing gel definitely goes on my repeat purchase list. If you're looking for something gentle and effective, I'd recommend giving it a go.

I'm including this post in Ingrid's weekly roundup of beauty posts. Thank you to everyone who commented last time and hopefully soon I will work out how to actually reply to comments rather than just add to them!


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7 March 2016 at 16:06 , Blogger .. said...

Innoxa is such a beautiful brand! I haven't tried this product, but I've been using rosehip plus gentle cleanser, goodness for my skin with beautiful ingredients :)

Lily not Louise

 
At 7 March 2016 at 16:21 , Blogger Fabulousandfunlife said...

This sounds like a great cleanser! I need to finish my two current ones but might look out for this one afterwards.

 
At 7 March 2016 at 16:29 , Blogger Di from Max The Unicorn said...

Gel is my favourite texture for cleansers, and this one sounds great. I like everything I've tried from Innoxa so far :)

 
At 7 March 2016 at 22:00 , Blogger katshepsutt said...

Oh yay I have this on my bench and haven't tried it yet - good to know it's a keeper xxx

 
At 9 March 2016 at 12:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm on the hunt for a new face wash and I get dry skin so this sounds perfect! Thanks for the review :-) x www.beyoutyfulyou.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home