Thursday 17 March 2016

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Powder Foundation

20160317_072948 

I've been using Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Powder Foundation for ages now and I'm still not sure if it's a powder or a foundation!

The label says 'powder foundation' (which is why I bought it - a cheaper replacement for a more expensive Max Factor product I'd been using) but the Rimmel website has it as 'powder' and that seems to be the category that most retailers use for it. Having said that, to me, it's much more foundation than powder, unless you think that powder is something which gives you pretty solid coverage. I don't. Though I suppose if I used this with a brush (it comes with a sponge) then it would fall into the powder category.

It only comes in 4 colours - I purchased 003 Silky Beige which is a pretty good match for my skin (not too orange, which is what I find often happens in products where the colour range is limited). The coverage is pretty good. I've been using it dry and I can build up coverage where I need to. One thing I have found is that, because I'm using the slightly flimsy sponge provided, I can't be quite as precise with that build up as I would be if I were using a liquid foundation and my fingers.
20160312_094615
before
20160312_095040
after

This doesn't catch in dry spots (one of the things that started my love affair with powder foundations), and does last well. It's finish is very powdery which, over the course of using it, I've kind of fallen out of love with. However, that does mean that you don't develop shine too quickly.

I've worn this a lot through Adelaide's rather hot and sticky summer and it's held up really well. Another bonus is that the packaging is lovely and compact so it's perfect to take with you. The sponge is a little flimsy and I'm sure makeup pros will have their own applicator of choice. When I purchased this I did actually also buy some slightly more robust makeup sponges but haven't actually used them so if you're not fussy you'll survive!

I think you can see from the photos above that coverage is very light and not as good (in my opinion) as the Chanel foundation. Of course, the Rimmel will set you back < $20!

Once I run out, I won't be buying this again immediately but I may buy it again in the future. If you're looking for a bargain product to throw in a handbag or keep in a desk drawer (or for travel) then I would recommend this.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home