Monday 22 February 2016

Chanel Les Beiges

20160205_071610
I actually wasn't going to blog about this product - my sample was literally a tiny sample sachet that I picked up from DJ's. I'm not swinging past a department store that often these days, but I'd received an email about the sample just days before I was in the city.

I used to be the queen of collecting these kinds of things ... and also the queen of never ever using them (I was saving them all up for some kind of 'special occasion'). I'm now pretty focussed on using samples - and when I don't have something new to play with I have an impressive backlog in the bathroom cupboard ... :D

Les Beiges is Chanel's new 'Healthy Glow Foundation'. The lady at the Chanel counter picked out shade no 30 for me and this was actually a pretty good match. Les Beiges comes in 14 shades and I was very impressed that the woman who served me picked an appropriate shade very quickly. If I were to buy this - and I am very tempted to do so but $89 is quite a lot of money - I would spend a little time checking out a couple of the other shades although I do think I'd end up using no 30!

The fact that it is SPF 30+ is a good thing. I personally now probably wouldn't consider spending money on a foundation or moisturiser that didn't have some kind of protection. Like every Chanel product I've ever owned, the scent was lovely - very light floral, nice and sophisticated. This is something I really wish some of the cheaper brands would get their heads around!!!!

20160129_123549
before
20160129_123737
after
Performance wise I loved this. My one sachet I managed to eke out over multiple uses so the coverage was very light - which is what I like. I thought it did a great job of evening out my skin tone (see the photos) with a very natural look. Absolutely what I am after.

In a few spots it did 'catch' on patches of dehydrated skin. This seems to be a problem for me with pretty much every liquid foundation ever. However, it didn't settle in fine lines, it didn't settle in pores and it lasted well without tending to greasy or shiny patches (please bear in mind I do use very light coverage!).

Over the few days of using it, it caused me no skin problems at all.

Aside from that tiny bit of catching (which if you look hard enough in the photos you can spot!), I loved this and had a serious moment of considering buying it. We'll see what happens next time I need foundation ... but at present this is a serious front runner.

If you have tried this and committed to a full size purchase, please let me know your thoughts!

I've included this post in Ingrid's Monday round up of beauty posts.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 22 February 2016 at 21:27 , Blogger Fabulousandfunlife said...

Retailers know what they are doing when they offer us beauty lovers samples of their high end products! We tend to fall in love with the trialed product and are then tempted to buy it even if we had no intention of originally buying it! That's what happened to me recently when I tried a Giorgio Armani foundation and primer. I don't think I can risk trying this Chanel foundation - lol! It sounds good!

 
At 23 February 2016 at 05:51 , Blogger Di from Max The Unicorn said...

Ooh it does sound lovely! A bit too exxy for me though (maybe could spend that amount on skincare but not foundation) :)

 
At 23 February 2016 at 09:15 , Blogger Alex said...

I'm the same, di -I'm much happier to part money for skin care. However, at least with this product I know that it goes a looooong way so I guess that's kind of value for money!

Ingrid - I will stay away from Armani samples! Although I have heard good things about their foundations ...

 
At 23 February 2016 at 15:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds lovely and looks really nice and natural too.
I'm more than tempted with the Armani samples. This makeup addiction has taken over my life haha

beyoutyfulyou.com

 
At 26 February 2016 at 22:30 , Blogger katshepsutt said...

I've never tried anything from Chanel because of the pricing - my greatest fear is that I'll fall in love with whatever it is, and then I'll be sorry and broke ha ha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home